MoU Between Indonesia and South Africa on Bilateral Cooperation
- .. MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING · BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA ON THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A JOINT COMMISSION FOR BILATERAL COOPERATION .
- The Government of the Republic of Indonesia and the Government of the Republic of South Africa (hereinafter referred to as the "Parties" in the plural and a "Party" in the singular); DESIRING to expand and enhance bilateral relations and cooperation on a lasting and long term basis; BEING CONVINCED of the necessity of lasting and effective cooperation in the interests of the countries of the Parties; CONFIRMING their interest in the strengthening of bilateral cooperation between the two countries of the Parties, based on principles of equality, mutual benefit and fu ll respect of sovereignty; and TA KING INTO ACCOUNT the existing Agreements and Memoranda of Understanding between the two countries in various fields; HEREB Y AG REED as follows : ARTICLE I The Parties shall establish a Joint Commission (hereinafter called the "Commission") to facilitate consultation and cooperation between the two countries of the Parties, especially in the economic, trade, cultural and technical fields. The Commission shall be guided by the Terms of
- Reference as contained in the Annex , which shall form an integral part of this Memorandum of Understanding. ARTICLE 2 The Comm ission shall consider ways and means to promote the aforesaid consultation and cooperation contemplated in Article I and to ensure the proper coordination and implementation of its decisions and this Memorandum of Understanding. ARTICLE 3 l. The Commission shall be at the level of Senior Officials representing the respective Foreign Ministers and the composition of the Commission shall be determined by the Parties. 2. The results of the meetings, of the Commission which are agreed upon by both Parties shall be in the fonn of Agreed Minutes. ARTICLE 4 The Commission shall determ ine its rules and procedures and may establish Committees, Sub-Committees and/or working groups to deal with specific subjects brought before it.
- ARTICLE 5 I . The Commission shall meet once a year or at a ti me agreed upon by both Parties, alternately in the Republic of Indonesia and the Republic of South Africa. 2. The host Party of the annual meeting shall be responsible to provide a venue and secretarial services. 3. Each Party shall bear its own cost for attending the annual meetings. ARTICLE 6 1. This Memorandum of Understanding shall come into force on the date of its signature. 2. This Memorandum of Understanding shall remain in force for a period of 5 (five) years and upon the expiry thereof shall automatically be renewed for another period 5 (five) years thereafter, unless either Party wishes to terminate or renew it for a shorter period, in which case such Party shall notify the other Party of such intention, in writing 6 (six) months in advance, through the diplomatic channel. 3. Either Party may request in writing a revision or amendment of all or part of this Memorandum of Understanding. Any revision or amendment which has been agreed to by both Parties shall come into effect on such date as is determined by both Parties.
- 4 . [n the event of termination, the provisions of this Memorandum of Understanding shall remain applicable to ongoing programmes undertaken in terms of this Memorandum of Understanding, until their completion, unless the Parties agree otherwise. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned being duly authorized by their respective Governments, have signed and sealed this Memorandum of Understanding in duplicate in the English language, both texts being equally authentic. DONE at P.~~ .. on this .....2.9...........day of .M~.f3S..:~ 2004 Signed Signed FOR TH E GOV ERNM ENT FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REP UBLIC OF OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA SOUTH AFRIC A