By IM Events
3 years ago
Global Islamic Finance Forum (GIFF) - Malaysia - May 2016
Ard, Islam, Mal, Participation
Ard, Islam, Mal, Participation
- Organised by : Strategic Partner: In Support of: GLOBAL ISLAMIC FINANCE FORUM 10 – 12 MAY 2016 Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur Join us at GIFF 5.0 GIFF 5.0 participation is by invitation only. Please email your interest to giﬀ2016@aibim.com Visit www.aibim.com for more information.
- 10 MAY 2016 - GIFF NETWORKING DAY 09 .00 – 17.00 IIFM Workshop on Islamic Finance Islamic Hedging Framework Collateralization of Islamic Securities as a Liquidity Management Tool Unrestricted Wakalah as a Liquidity Management Tool Developments in Sukuk Market IILM-ISRA Roundtable Dialogue IFSB Regulators Forum ASEAN Fintech Challenge Global Islamic Finance Report Launch - "Islamic Financial Policy - A Global Study" by Edbiz Consulting In-Focus Session by General Council for Islamic Bank and Financial Institutions (tbc) Infrastructure Funding – APEC Business Advisory Council Working Group
- 11 MAY 2016 09 .00 – 09.05 WELCOMING REMARKS President, Association of Islamic Banking Institutions Malaysia (AIBIM) (Confirmed) 09.00 – 9.10 KEYNOTE Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia 09.15 – 9.45 TOP MINDS: Inspiring and insightful session by global renowned business leaders TECHNOLOGY DISRUPTION IN A BORDERLESS WORLD SY Lau, Senior Executive Vice President of Tencent (Confirmed) 09.45 – 10.45 GLOBAL INSTITUTIONS FORUM Global institutions discuss on critical issues in the global economic and financial landscape and share their thoughts on strategies to be adopted under the prevailing market conditions for Islamic financial industry to dream big and grow beyond. Moderator: Haslinda Amin (tbc) Bloomberg TV Leaders: i. Alfonso Garcia Mora, Director, Finance and Markets Global Practice of the World Bank Group (Confirmed) ii. Islamic Development Bank (Invited) iii. International Monetary Fund (Invited) iv. Jaseem Ahmad, Secretary General, the Islamic Financial Services Board (Confirmed) 10.45– 11.00 MARKET LANDMARK SESSION Investment Account Platform (Confirmed) Chartered Institute of Islamic Finance Professionals (Confirmed) IF MarketPlace by MIFC (Confirmed) 11.00– 11.10 COFFEE SESSION 11.10– 11.20 THE ECONOMIST PRESENTATION Simon Baptist, Chief Economist, The Economist (Confirmed)
- 11 .20– 12.00 Top Minds: Inspiring and insightful session by global renowned business leaders Dr. Mark Mobius, Executive Chairman of Templeton Emerging Markets Group at Franklin Templeton Investments (Confirmed) 12.00 – 12.50 THE ECONOMIST CONVERSATION REALISING DREAMS:STRATEGY, SPEED, SYNERGY Global resolutions of Islamic financial institutions and action plans in realising the industry’s visions. The targeted size and presence of Islamic finance in mainstream finance. Distribution channel and digitalisation transformation in Islamic finance. What are the mix balance of competition and collaboration amongst global Islamic banks in achieving scale? Participation in non-traditional banking services and partnership with nonfinancial institutions to increase market penetration of Islamic finance. Social finance and impact investing. Session Lead: Simon Baptist, Chief Economist, The Economist (Confirmed) Panelists: i. Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz, Chief Executive Officer, Hong Leong Islamic Bank (Confirmed) ii. Abdelilah Belatik, Secretary General General Council for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions (CIBAFI) (tbc) iii. Adnan Chilwan, Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Islamic Bank (Confirmed) 12.50– 13.05 BUSINESS PITCH: 6 minutes presentations on business proposals or new innovations for the industry including product structure, trading or investment platforms, business ventures or financial technologies. 13.05– 14.15 LUNCH 14.15 – 14.45 Top Minds: Inspiring and insightful session by global renowned business leaders PREDICTING FUTURE GLOBAL SOLUTIONS Goh Peng Ooi, Chairman, Silverlake (tbc)
- EMBRACING TECHNOLOGY FOR FUTURE GROWTH 14 .45 – 15.45 Future of digital economy Recent innovations that will play bigger roles in the future. Disruptions and how to react? Technology drivers and how Islamic financial institutions adapt to the wave. Financial inclusiveness and beyond. How technology fits in this role? Intelligence services, cloud technology & big data in the banking system Moderator: Dr. Imran K. Lum, National Australia Bank (Confirmed) Panelists: i. T.S. Anil, Head of Product for Asia Pacific for Visa (Confirmed) ii. Izam Mohamed Yusof, Investment Account Platform (Confirmed) 15.45 – 16.15 15.45 – 17.15 ASEAN FINTECH CHALLENGE EXHIBITION HALL ACTIVITIES Industry-specific sessions Lightning talks by exhibitors Networking meetings 12 MAY 2016 09.00 – 09.30 Top Minds: Inspiring and insightful session by global renowned business leaders FINDING THE NEXT “STEVE JOBS” IN ISLAMIC FINANCE Datuk Dr. Mohd Daud Bakar, Amanie Advisors (Confirmed) 09.30 – 09.45 BUSINESS PITCH: 6 minutes presentations on business proposals or new innovations for the industry including product structure, trading or investment platforms, business ventures or financial technologies. 09.45 – 11.00 BANKING ON VALUES: REALITIES AND IMPOSSIBILITIES (SESSION BY BANK NEGARA MALAYSIA) What are the drives and motivations in operating a value-based financial institution? What are the major challenges in advancing the value-based banking agenda? How are the perceptions of various stakeholders regarding the value-based banking managed? What are the major achievements of the value-based banking in terms of its contribution to the real economy? Is value-based banking system the solution to the current economic and financial system?
- Moderator : Mohamed Ashraf bin Mohamed Iqbal, Director of HSBC Amanah (tbc) Panelists: i. Peter Blom, Chief Executive Officer, Triodos Bank (Invited) ii. Jen Morgan, Co-founder, Finance Innovation Lab (tbc) iii. Tamara Vrooman, Chief Executive Officer of Vancity (tbc) 11.00– 11.15 COFFEE SESSION 11.15 – 11.45 Top Minds: Inspiring and insightful session by global renowned business leaders ISLAMIC PENSION SCHEME: THE NEXT BIG THING? Datuk Shahril Ridza Ridzuan, Chief Executive Officer, Employees Provident Fund (Confirmed) 11.45 – 12.00 BUSINESS PITCH: 6 minutes presentations on business proposals or new innovations for the industry including product structure, trading or investment platforms, business ventures or financial technologies. 12.00 – 13.00 INTERNATIONALISATION OF ISLAMIC FUNDS AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT (SESSION BY THE SECURITIES COMMISSION) 13.00 – 13.15 GIFF5.0 WRAP- UP & KEY RESOLUTIONS